Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jalapeño Cheddar Burger

Hamburgers are my favorite thing to make if I am starving after a long day and short on time!
Grilling while living in a small college apartment, (especially in the winter!) is pretty tough, so I cook in a pan and I am still very happy with the result, don’t be afraid to try it!

Before I leave for school I set the ground beef out to defrost in the fridge. When it’s time to make dinner I mix the ground beef with about a teaspoon of garlic powder, and a dash of both salt and pepper. It’s important to try and make the patty pretty flat and wide, ground beef shrinks when it cooks and homemade patties tend to bulk up in the middle creating ball shaped burgers.

After the burger is cooked to desired add cheddar cheese and a few slices of jalapeño, I use jarred jalapeños by Mt. Olive because they are less potent but still flavorful!



Add lettuce, onion, tomato as desired and don’t forget to toast the bun!
I served my spicy burger with a side of zesty Orieda fries that take under 20 minutes!
What a quick and fabulous meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment