Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baking with Baileys

St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow! and I really wanted to start celebrating early with some delicious treats. Instead of just making something that only looked festive for the holiday I figured why not add an Irish taste to it as well! So I made Baileys infused cupcakes! I got the idea while surfing across cooking and baking blogs earlier this week and Cupcake Rehab sparked my interest. The recipe steps are  included in the link if you would like to try this yourself, but here is what you will need.


Large Cupcakes

Cake Batter:
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of salt
2/3 cups of butter
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cups of water
2 tablespoons of milk
1 1/3 cups of Baileys
2 teaspoons vanilla


Frosting:
2/3 cup of butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of Baileys


*Regular Cupcakes take 25 min, mini cupcakes will take about 15. Her recipe asked for an oven temp of 325, but I felt 350 was best.


Frosting the cupcakes was the best part! I  used a little bit extra sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla as well.


Mini Cupcakes

You could even even garnish your cupcakes with festive chocolate gold coins! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment