Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fried cheese balls

It's been a pretty lazy weekend for me- with a freshly sprained ankle I haven't made it out of the house so I have been making do with what I have in the fridge and treating myself to some not so healthy snacks!

These cheesy balls of goodness were practially the main dish of my dinner- I just couldn't get enough! And they only require a few steps so I didn't have to move to much while cooking which was perfect today.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of ricotta
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
2 eggs
and a bunch of flour and panko crumbs for rolling and breading

plus-any favorite dipping sauce- I used a marinara


Before Frying
 -First, mix the two cheeses in a bowl and roll them into the size of a ping pong ball...I noticed that the smaller the size the easier they were to handle while frying.
-I rolled all the balls first and set them aside, then began the breading process.
-Its just like when making chicken parm or what not- roll them in the flour, dunk into the eggs (which should be whisked and in a bowl) and then roll the ball into the Panko crumbs and set aside while you bread each other balls.

Heat up a sauce pan with an inch or so of oil- let it warm up first as you would when frying anything else, and keep ball in oil for only about a minute. They will quickly become golden brown to perfection.

I made a lot so I froze most of them for now- I will get back to everyone on how well they do going from freezer to fry pan soon!
Enjoy- this was seriously my favorite thing I ate all week! YUMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment