Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reuben Sandwich

I am so excited for St. Pattys Day! Theres no better way to celebrate than with some hearty corned beef meals! Today I made a reuben for lunch and it definately got me in the spirit for this upcoming irish holiday.

Reubens are pretty easy! you will need
3 slices of corned beef
2 slices of rye bread
2 slices of swiss cheese
about 1/3 cup Sauerkraut- or as desired
1-2 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing

Butter one side of bread with a good amount of butter and lay flat in fry pan. Almost immediately you can add the dressing to the slices of bread. on top of the dressing add the corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss.



Heat sandwich on med-low heat for about ten min. Bread will become a bit golden and toasted. Like grilled cheese. It is that simple! and so delicious. I paired my sandwich  with some fries and coleslaw. It's a must!
This meal had me feeling as lucky as the Irish! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment