Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Avocado Quesadilla

Hello Everyone! I'm back in the kitchen and ready to share some new recipes! Last night I made these quesadillas and was really impressed with the taste-- and how easy they were!

Ingredients (for one):
2-3 Chicken cutlets
1 tortilla
3-4 green onions, sliced
a hand full of shredded Mexican (or mild cheddar) cheese
2 strips of bacon
half an avocado, sliced

I also made a side of of guacamole. There are several variations but I usually make mine with about 1/2 an avocado, 1-2 tablespoons of diced red onion, a dash of both salt and pepper, and fresh cilantro. I blend these ingredients (In my small kitchen I use a magic bullet- it really lives up to the infomercials lol). After, stir in chopped tomatoes and perhaps chopped chillies as well.
I make guacamole all of the time, and cilantro doesn't always last as long as I would like, so I invested in cilantro paste, it may look weird but once blended into the other ingredients tastes exactly the same, its a great way to save in a college kitchen.

First cook your bacon in a fry pan then set aside on paper towels to soak up oil
I used the same pan to cook my chicken (marinate how ever you like- I used roasted red pepper dressing)
When the chicken is almost done, cut into bit sized pieces and return to the pan, adding the green onions to soften up and take in the flavor.


In a larger fry pan I had heated up a light layer of oil on med-low heat and dropped in my tortilla
After a few min you can add your chicken, bacon, cheese, green onions and avocado to the tortilla and fold.
Flip a few times to get a golden brown coloring on both sides





With  sides of guac, salsa, and sour cream my quesadilla was MUY BUENO!

No comments:

Post a Comment