Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baked Ziti.. with a twist!

I wanted to make a thoughtful dinner for my boyfriend a while back but as I am still learning how to cook, I haven't mastered the typical 'date' dinners yet. We don't live in the same town and for his visit I wanted to have a meal that could be nice but still be accomplished without spending hours in the kitchen while he was there.
After surfing through recipes for a while I found this Rachel Ray baked ziti recipe...
http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/rachael-ray/baked-ziti-with-spinach-and-veal-recipe/index.html

It was so great to have a classic comfort dinner that was nothing like I have had before!
The veal and sage leaves, which I normally don't cook with, really pulled the dish together and brought out the flavor of the other veggies and white sauce. The dish was rich with varied flavor and didn't disappoint from the first crispy bite of the layered cheese to the last creamy ziti noodle.

The best part was all I had to do was stick it in the oven for 40 min before we were ready to eat- because I could make everything ahead of time! The preparation did take me about an hour and a half but with a more experienced cook it could probably go faster.....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment