Thursday, February 24, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I recently made red velvet cupcakes, what a quintessential treat in February! I follwed Paula Deen's video recipe(Paula Deen Red Velvet Cupcakes ) as all of us food lovers know, she can make a delicious (and fattening) dessert. So of course I guiltily ate give or take... a dozen of them!

It was no surprise that the baking process was a bit more tedious than other cupcake recipies I have tried in the past!! But the cupcakes turned out beautifully and I was more than happy to share them with a bunch of my friends who really loved them!



I was happy with the end product too... but I am in search of a sweeter cake recipe. Does anyone know a trick or secret to having richer, moister cupcakes?? My frosting usually balances out the sweetness of the cupcake but the cake alone leaves me unsatisfied and tends to be more similar to a muffin taste. I would love to hear input before I start baking up some more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment