Friday, April 22, 2011

Cocoa-Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes

Easter is only a few days away now and my brother and I decided to make some special holiday cupcakes for our family. I altered a recipe from my "Scrumptious Cupcakes" cookbook...heres what I made...

Chocolate Cupcakes: I cut a corner and used a box mix since my brother is only 13 and he was helping a lot, it made it a lot easier. Once your cupcakes are cool you will want to start the frosting

Cocoa-coconut Buttercream Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick of butter ( 8 tablespoons)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup sweetened coconut


(I added a little more milk than this but it was super runny so stick with the recipe as is)

1. Start  with butter at room temperature can me mixed with handheld mixer
2. Add in powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and cocoa powder
3. Once frosting is smooth, mix in coconut, fill piping bag and decorate cupcakes, try to make look like a nest




Decorate with malted milk ball Easter eggs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment